Stuffed veal pockets with cider sauce BBQ recipe
This exceptional dish gets its flavour from the grill. The easy-to-make sauce adds a rich, velvety texture.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups sparkling cider
- 1-1/2 cups brown gravy
- 1-1/3 pounds veal scaloppini (about 12, 1-1/2 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- In a sautÃ© pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© the onions until soft. Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples. Add to the onions, and sautÃ© until the apples are soft, about 3 to 5 minutes more. Remove from the heat and add the vinegar and salt. Refrigerate until cold.
- In a medium saucepan, simmer the sparkling cider until only 1/2 cup remains, 30 to 45 minutes. Whisk in the brown gravy; simmer gently for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Lay a few scaloppini on a long sheet of waxed paper. Cover with another sheet of waxed paper. With the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the scaloppini until very thin, then lay them on a clean work surface. Repeat with the rest of the scaloppini, working in batches.
- Season the flatten scaloppini with salt and pepper. Top each with an equal amount of the chilled apple mixture. Fold each scaloppini in half to make a pocket and close with a toothpick. Brush pockets with oil. Grill over Direct High heat for 4 to 6 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Reheat the sauce and serve with the veal pockets.
Makes 6 servings.
Dallas Wedding Caterers offer their services for special events including Weddings and Ring Ceremonies.
Dallas BBQ Catering also provides perfect BBQ food, reasonably priced and presented in the authentic Texan style.
Call: 972-741-8864 to discuss your Dallas BBQ catering needs
The Finest BBQ & Sports Grill in Grapevine is Big Racks BBQ